in response to lelani2...
Hello and welcome
call 211 ask for assistance programs in Texas WIC for one.
I would sign up for public housing no matter what the wait..
Rental Help: Texas
More From HUD -
- What is Public Housing?
- What are Housing Choice Vouchers?
- Fair housing
- More rental assistance
- Income limits
- Senior citizens
- People with disabilities
HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants. To apply, contact or visit the management office of each apartment building that interests you.
- Search for a subsidized apartment
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- PHAs in Texas
- Questions? Email us
or call (800) 955-2232
Some PHAs have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one PHA. Your PHA can also give you a list of locations at which your voucher can be used.
- Contact a housing counseling agency
Other Texas Resources -
- Need senior housing?
- Affordable rentals in the Houston area
- Moving your voucher to Dallas/Ft Worth
- Local tenant rights, laws and protections
- Help with your utility bills
- Find units for rent in rural Texas
- Independent living centers - for seniors and people with disabilities
Content current as of 1 July 2010 Follow this link to Back to Top
FOIA Privacy Web Policies and Important Links Home [logo: Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity]
[Logo: HUD seal] U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
451 7th Street S.W., Washington, DC 20410
Telephone: (202) 708-1112 TTY: (202) 708-1455
Find the address of a HUD office near you
FOR homeless shelters and food banks and my blog here
has more information
in the above is JOB IDEAS
Good luck and hope that helps